D.Vine mce301 ir/vfd firmware

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

D.Vine mce301 ir/vfd firmware

Postby Hybridtech » Sun 6. Feb 2011, 20:16

Hi i currently own the D.Vine mce301 case with built in ir/vfd that uses the irtrans software, but i need to reflash the firmware. The dvine site has now shut down does anyone know were i can obtain these files for this unit, it is the usb version here is a code dump.

Init Server Socket done
IRServer Version 6.03.08
Init Events done
Opening Device: /dev/ttyUSB0
IRTRans Send Done: 1
Name :
,.,mmkll;;''
FW SNo : 0
Capab : Power On;
FW Cap : 0x3c8019
FW Cap2: 0x9
USB SNo:
Node : /dev/ttyUSB0

Init communication ...
[ 0]: D5.11.07
Chdir to DB OK
Read routing OK
Read Switches OK
Open DIR: 13
Get Dirent: 316
Remote sky-digital compiled: 1 Timings - 31 Commands
Remote irtrans compiled: 1 Timings - 33 Commands
Remote mce-keyboard compiled: 1 Timings - 77 Commands
Remote sky-hd compiled: 1 Timings - 34 Commands
Remote kathrein-ufs compiled: 2 Timings - 36 Commands
Remote pace compiled: 2 Timings - 38 Commands
Remote compiled: 0 Timings - 0 Commands
Remote dream compiled: 0 Timings - 36 Commands
Remote mce-mouse compiled: 1 Timings - 1 Commands
Remote mediacenter compiled: 1 Timings - 49 Commands
Get Dirent: 0
Duplicate Commands for pace.0: pace.0-
Total: 10 Remotes - 10 Timings - 335 Commands - 0 Calib. Commands
0 Togglec. - 0 CCF Data - 0 CCF RAW - 0 CCF Error

No matter what i do my Philips 197 remote just wont respond any help would be great :o
Hybridtech

Re: D.Vine mce301 ir/vfd firmware

Postby EaS » Mon 14. Mar 2011, 17:31

I actually have the same device, in the exact same case:

Image Image

I think I might need a firmware update too. But not for the same reasons as you.
But first: You do know that you have to learn the commands from your remote with irclient? Correct?

Example:
Code: Select all
**Selected Remote: [philips197]

1 - Select remote
  2 - Learn Timing
  3 - Learn Command [Based on timing]
  4 - Learn Command [Command with timing]
  5 - Learn Command [RAW Data]

99 - Exit

Select command 4

Command Name: down

Press Remote Button to learn ....OK

I have another problem:
I want to be able to have my remote wake up my system, but I need to enable this option within the Dvine VFD module:
Code: Select all
Select command Device [0-0]: D5.11.07

Repeat Mask: x  x  x  x  x  x  x  o  o  x  x  x  x  x  x  x
             0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13 14 15

Device Mode Send [20]: x
            IR               [21]: x
            SBUS             [22]: x
            SBUS RemoteCtrl  [24]: x
            RAW              [25]: o
            SBUS send Repeat [27]: x

Self Repeat [36]: o

Learn Timeout   5ms [37]: o
         Learn Timeout  15ms [38]: x
         Learn Timeout  30ms [39]: o
         Learn Timeout  60ms [40]: o
         Learn Timeout  90ms [41]: o
         Learn Timeout 120ms [42]: o
         Learn Timeout 150ms [43]: o
         Learn Timeout 250ms [44]: o

Repeat Timeout 5ms  [45]: x
         Repeat Timeout 25ms [46]: o

PowerOn Remote               [52]:
PowerOn Command              [53]:

PowerOff Remote              [54]:
PowerOff Command             [55]:

Cancel                     [88]
Save & Exit                [99]

After I entered the information for entries 52 en 53, I want to save with option 99. As soon as I do that, irserver64 crashes with a Segmentation fault !!!

Now it seems that more people on this board have that *exact* same problem. Like for example here: http://forum.irtrans.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=528
The solution seems to be: "we cannot provide individual support for people using OEM devices not manufactured or sold by IRTrans" :(

Strange: All those "OEM" devices would have to be licensed from or created with some (firmware) developer kit from irtrans, to be compatible/to work with the irtrans software. So since the complete irtrans "solution" (hardware/firmware/software) actually comes directly from irtrans itself (those OEM's are nothing more than rebadgers), I think its strange that irtrans cannot provide any help at all in case of so called OEM devices.

I think it is a software bug in irserver(64). Can irtrans maybe comment on this?

BTW: Dvinehtpc is indeed gone it seems, but I ordered the USB VFD from that site and payed with paypal. The email adres I got confirming that payment, showed another company's name. That company sells Dvine stuff on ebay. You can contact that ebay store and ask for a firmare update, because it is actually the same person that owned the dvinehtpc site and runs that ebay store. That ebay store is here.
EaS

Postby IRTrans » Mon 14. Mar 2011, 18:03

Hi,
you should NOT use the irclient.exe to set any firmware options. It is very old and outdated.

Instead use the IRTrans GUI Client. If you are using LINUX you can use the GUI Client with Mono.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby EaS » Fri 25. Mar 2011, 00:46

IRTrans wrote:Hi,
you should NOT use the irclient.exe to set any firmware options. It is very old and outdated.

Instead use the IRTrans GUI Client. If you are using LINUX you can use the GUI Client with Mono.

IRTrans

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

I've followed your suggestion and used the GUIClient.exe under ubuntu to make (and test) some changes:

This scenario indeed did *not* lead to any errors (software bugs I mean), so the gui client is the one to be used from now on.

In the end it was quite simple (to have my remote to wake up the system) and it works perfect. Here is what I did (all in the gui tool):
1. Enter the prefered remote name
2. Learn the power-on command (name it whatever you want), by pressing the button you want the system to start
3. Enter the remote name and the power-on command name (as entered before in 2) in the gui-client (in the menu as seen in the screenshot above)
4. Set mode
5. After shut down, the system starts up perfectly by pressing my custom power button (as learned and named in steps 1-3) on the remote. Great !!

Of course the system has to have something like "allow USB device to start system" enabled in BIOS, but that is kind of obvious.

Maybe its an idea to have a warning (coming with the download, in the readme or so) about irclient (any version, windows or linux) to not use it anymore? Or better, don't even include it in the next release :).

But again. Thanks for the gui client tip!
EaS

Postby IRTrans » Fri 25. Mar 2011, 00:51

Hi,
you are right regarding the ASCII Client (irclient).

However, we cannot remove it because it is still needed for simple ASCII Tasks (like batch sending of IR Codes).

We should remove the mode setting dialogs.

BTW:
Of course the system has to have something like "allow USB device to start system" enabled in BIOS, but that is kind of obvious.

That is not needed - the IRTrans module uses a relay to toggle the power switch of the mainboard.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby EaS » Fri 25. Mar 2011, 01:05

IRTrans wrote:Hi,
you are right regarding the ASCII Client (irclient).

However, we cannot remove it because it is still needed for simple ASCII Tasks (like batch sending of IR Codes).

We should remove the mode setting dialogs.

Understood. :)

BTW:

That is not needed - the IRTrans module uses a relay to toggle the power switch of the mainboard.

IRTrans

Just tested it (disabled "USB wake up from S3" in the bios - Gigabyte mainboard), and indeed, works perfect! Nifty implementation!

Great work. Once again thanks! Have the whole set-up working fully to satisfaction now.
EaS

Return to OEM Devices