VF110 works fine on XP, but can't get it working on 7

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

VF110 works fine on XP, but can't get it working on 7

Postby scottlindner » Sat 29. May 2010, 00:43

I'm an original owner of the Origen (Uneed) X11 with the VF110. I have been using it successfully for many many years. I am trying to upgrade the OS of my HTPC from XP to 7. I have the latest version of IRTrans installed but it doesn't appear to be finding my IR module. If I switch to my XP drive the remote still works, so there are no hardware issues, this is strictly a software issue. Any of the IR Trans tools that should detect the device do not list any devices. If I use the Assign IP tool it doesn't list a device. However, the USB tray does show "Eject IRTRans USB" as a USB device. Any thoughts what might be wrong with my Windows 7 configuration?

Cheers,
Scott
scottlindner

Re: VF110 works fine on XP, but can't get it working on 7

Postby IRTrans » Sat 29. May 2010, 12:13

Hi,
no idea what the problem is here.

In general only one tool would be able to find the device: irtranstray usb.

All the other tools are for other devices (Ethernet based) or need the irtranytray usb running first.

Usually the reason for the problem you mention is either a power problem (+5V STBY not connected) or faulty hardware.

I have no idea why it is working on XP and not on W7.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby scottlindner » Sat 29. May 2010, 12:20

Very odd. I did a reset in XP and now it works in 7. I lost my Power IR code, but I know how to reset that. I'm calling this one a fluke.
scottlindner

Postby scottlindner » Sat 29. May 2010, 12:54

I have to take my statement back. After trying to configure the Power On command it isn't working in Windows Media Center anymore. If I use the IRTrans GUI Client I can learn the Power On IR code, but when I launch Detected IR Commands from the IRTrans USB task tray it does not detect anything. It's like I can use my XP IRTRans software to set it up correctly, but the defaults in my Win7 IRTrans software is breaking the configuration.

Any thoughts to help me out? This is very odd.

Scott
scottlindner

Postby scottlindner » Sat 29. May 2010, 13:14

I tried the latest version of IRTRans on the Origen site that is listed for my X11 case and it works fine now. Is there intended to be a difference in the version they have?

Scott
scottlindner

Postby IRTrans » Sat 29. May 2010, 13:32

Hi,
no idea, I do not know what version they have and if they perhaps modified anything.

We do not even know their HW configuration in detail. That is why we cannot support those OEM devices.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Deleted

Postby brookedow » Sun 26. May 2013, 18:33

Deleted
brookedow

Return to OEM Devices