Date & Time display

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Date & Time display

Postby eqcons » Mon 19. Oct 2009, 21:09

In my usual blundering style, I've managed to stop the VFD displaying the date and time. :-(

I used the Gui Client to set a new startup message.
I didn't like it, so set it as blank - then only the firmware version showed.

I set what I remembered as being the original startup message, but it comes up and stays - no sign of the date and time being displayed.

Please can you tell me how to return the display to showing the date and time, Marcus? Thanks,

Jim
eqcons

Re: Date & Time display

Postby IRTrans » Tue 20. Oct 2009, 00:02

No idea what you broke now ...
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby eqcons » Tue 20. Oct 2009, 08:29

Me neither, Marcus! If I register the dll, and go into media centre, then come out, the time and date are displayed. They stay through the next soft reboot, but disappear, returning to the startup message that I've set, as Windows starts.

I was hoping you were going to be able to say I needed to put some special command in the startup message fields, something like "$Date;$Time" or similar and write that to the Eprom....

Cheers,

Jim
eqcons

Postby kencol » Sun 7. Feb 2010, 20:09

Hi there,
just wondering if you got this fixed....I have read somewhere that the VFD is meant to display the time in Standby, but mine never has, I have an ahanix case and only bought a USB adaptor as it used to have a parallel lead.

I was going to do a firmware upgrade, but it looks like I have a newer one than on the origenae site, and also, my oem adaptor may not flash correctly with that update.

If anyone could tell me how to set it up to show the time in standby, I'll gladly buy them a pint ;)

Kenny.
kencol

Postby eqcons » Sun 7. Feb 2010, 20:13

kencol wrote:Hi there,
just wondering if you got this fixed....I have read somewhere that the VFD is meant to display the time in Standby, but mine never has, I have an ahanix case and only bought a USB adaptor as it used to have a parallel lead.

I was going to do a firmware upgrade, but it looks like I have a newer one than on the origenae site, and also, my oem adaptor may not flash correctly with that update.

If anyone could tell me how to set it up to show the time in standby, I'll gladly buy them a pint ;)

Kenny.

Got it showing the time and date, but that's all. It really is a pretty useless device. :(
eqcons

Return to OEM Devices