Inteference with IRTRANS ?

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Re: Inteference with IRTRANS ?

Postby IRTrans » Thu 8. Oct 2009, 13:28

Hmm, strange thing.

1. Normally the intensity of IR radiation does not change over time. However, it is largely affected by the picture shown by the TV.

2. I cannot believe that the Plasma does harm / destroy the IRTrans device in any way. I have not seen that so far.
You can send us the two dead/broken devices so that we can check and repair them.

For IRTrans USB Devices with hardware version 3.8 we are using a different IR Receiver that is able to handle Plasma interference better.

Instead of blocking the IR Receiver you can also use the IRTrans device settings and disable the internal receiver.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Ghoop » Sun 11. Oct 2009, 19:29

Yes I agree...very strange.
I notice also that the IRTrans currently in place does not perform as well as expected (the blaster doesn't seem to have enough power to reach all devices reliably) so I plan to install hard wire bud where necessary. I am assuming this is probably because of a high level IR radiation creating interference.
Are there any tools available to detect(measure) IR contamination?
I will send back the two failed units for forensic examination..
Ghoop

Postby IRTrans » Mon 12. Oct 2009, 02:03

Measuring IR noise is quite difficult.

We normally use a digital oszilloscope connected to a standard IR Receiver as used in the IRTrans devices.

The latest IRTrans firmware versions do have improved noise filtering settings, however very strong noise is still a problem.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Previous

Return to OEM Devices