Unable to go to Standby S3 and wakeup

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Unable to go to Standby S3 and wakeup

Postby KeesC » Fri 20. Feb 2009, 18:27

I recently installed a "USB VFD Kit" for my Anahix "MCE 601" case (See http://www.dvinehtpc.com/case-accessories/usb-vfd-kit/flypage.tpl.html).

The display seems to work Ok, the only thing is that I have a problem with the remote to get the PC in standby (S3). All other remote keys are working fine on my Vista 32bit media center.

The energy setting for my PC is set to turn the pc in standby when the power button is pressed. The wiring of the display is set according to the manual.

The problem I have is that when the power key is pressed on the remote the pc goes to standby and immediately it is switched on again. When the IRTrans driver is disabled and when I hook up a microsoft ehome receiver the system goes into standby normally and also switching on with the remote is working ok!

I already downloaded and installed the latest drivers so that should also not be the problem..

First I asked D-Vine-HTPC for support: They tested the display themselves and and same problem occurs...

Hopefully you guys know what is causing the problem.... :?:
KeesC

Re: Unable to go to Standby S3 and wakeup

Postby IRTrans » Fri 20. Feb 2009, 19:16

Hi,
we do not know the reason for that problem.

Anyway, any fixes could only be done through the manufacturer of the device anyway as we do not supply any firmware changes for OEM devices.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby KeesC » Fri 20. Feb 2009, 21:17

Mmm . . . personally I think the problem is related to the driver. When the driver is disabled (in the device manager) suddenly the standby function is working (when the power button on the case is pressed). When the driver is enabled the above mentioned problem occurs (same as with remote).

The IRTrans driver is downloaded from your website http://www.irtrans.de/de/download/windows.php.

It seems that when the driver is used the standby function is not working... Perhaps you guys can test this? Or may be I can try to use on older version of the driver?
KeesC

Postby IRTrans » Fri 20. Feb 2009, 22:05

That is for sure no driver problem ...

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby GnatGoSplat » Mon 5. Apr 2010, 18:10

I am having the exact same problem with the MCE303 case using Windows 7 x64 and the latest software/drivers. Did you ever find a solution? Right now I have disabled "IR Recv" in Device Status and am using the eHome receiver, but would prefer not to need the eHome receiver if possible.
GnatGoSplat

Postby KeesC » Mon 5. Apr 2010, 19:11

No, never got it working ok. Finally I shipped the display back to the manufacturer and bought a "OrigenAE VF210".
This display is working 100% ok in my system and it even is displaying the actual time when the PC is switched off in Standby S3 :)

http://www.origenae.com/en/accessory_vf210.htm

Please note that this VFD display is also using the IrTrans driver so in my case it had nothing to do with that. It was propably related to the hardware of the VFD.
KeesC

Return to OEM Devices