No IRTrans Devices Found (2)

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

No IRTrans Devices Found (2)

Postby sanddevil » Sun 2. Nov 2008, 11:38

Hi! I have similar circumstances to
http://www.irtrans.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=92&p=295
but I am using the IR110 device on a Origen X15e chassis

I have a clean Vista Home Premium installation, and Vista has sensed the presence of the IR device and added the drivers. I manually added the latest IRServer software.
When I boot up I get the "IRServer Version 5.12.08 No IRTrans Devices Found" diagnostic.

Looking at the earlier thread, you are suggesting that either (a) my device is broken (I don't think so - I had it working on another media center PC but this was 18 months ago and I can't remember how I succeeded then) (b) it needs a 5v connection.

So, assuming that the board requires a 5v power supply, where do I get that from and where does it go?

Looking at the board, there are 3 connections.

K4 - I have RESET SW 2-pin plug in here
K5 - I have POWER SW 2-pin plug in here
K6 - I have nothing here.

Do I need to plug 5v into K6 or is that already in K5? I have no other connectors available, eitehr from my power supply or the case so I am baffled. I have moved around RESET and POWER and can only get it to power the PC in the combination above.

Any help grateful.

Many thanks in anticipation.
sanddevil

Re: No IRTrans Devices Found (2)

Postby IRTrans » Sun 2. Nov 2008, 15:09

Hi,
please contact OrigenAE with that issue.

Normally there should be an adaptor cable provided for +5V standby - however this is just a guess as we do not know this hardware.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby sanddevil » Sun 2. Nov 2008, 15:18

Hmmm. OrigenAE's support page is "under constructon" and a link to their ticket system for support gets a http 404 response. Fantastic. :(
sanddevil

Postby sanddevil » Sun 2. Nov 2008, 15:42

IRTrans wrote:Hi,
please contact OrigenAE with that issue.

Normally there should be an adaptor cable provided for +5V standby - however this is just a guess as we do not know this hardware.

IRTrans

I owe you a debt of gratitude! :D Something in that 1 line of yours made me go and find the original box the chassis came in 18 months ago. Inside was a cable I must have used in the first media PC I built. Basically, in case someone asks the same question as me, Origen provide a thick Female/Female 24pin power cable. One end goes into the motherboard, the other into the power supply. Attached to this cable is the 5v standby cable you mentioned.

I have installed it. It works!!! :D :D

Many thanks
sanddevil

Postby jandrews » Thu 29. Oct 2009, 11:10

can you tell me what cale you are talking about...do you have a pic you can send me
jandrews

Postby brookedow » Sun 26. May 2013, 19:19

Deleted
brookedow

Return to OEM Devices