What do I need?

Buying IRTrans devices

Moderator: marcus

What do I need?

Postby HakanL » Fri 27. May 2011, 18:15

Dear Sirs,

I’m looking for an IR system for my house and I’m trying to figure out if IRTrans is a good fit for me. Here’s what I’d like:
• One remote “IR receiver”, receiver A, that is as small as possible (like IRTrans with an external IR receiver) that I can hide next to the TV set (I don’t want to have the full IRTrans box in view). This will be next to a LCD TV, what type of receiver would I need? I only have coaxial cable (dedicated, not shared with TV) for the IRTrans signal, will that work?
• Another IR receiver, B, that is close to my “home automation center”, but still small so I can hide it next to the TV (another LCD, but LED backlit). Any type of wiring works for this.
• Connection to my home automation controller (AMX NI-3000, has either serial ports or network connection). I will be programming this device myself.
• I would like the NI-3000 to receive all IR commands and then decide if they should be outputted to the Cable-TV box, or translated to something else. So basically I’d like to get a serial/network stream of the received IR command, which receiver it came from. Then I’d like to output the same, or a different IR signal to either of the IRTrans boxes, for example to turn on the TV and set HDMI input.

Requirements for receiver A
1. Have a small receiver that I can hide next to the TV (TV is on wall mount)
2. Send the received IR signal to the home automation controller (NI-3000)
3. Output a few IR signals to turn on/off TV and set channel input, triggered by NI-3000
4. Communicate with “central system” over coaxial cabling (2 cables available)
5. 110V power is available. Wireless network is also an option, but no CAT5 is available.

Requirements for receiver B
1. Have a small receiver that I can hide next to the TV (TV is on wall mount)
2. Send the received IR signal to the home automation controller (NI-3000)

Do you think you have a system that will help me with this?

Thanks,
/Hakan
HakanL

Return to Sales & Marketing