Discrete Codes

Everything related to learning and capturing of IR Codes

Moderator: marcus

Discrete Codes

Postby Ghoop » Thu 11. Feb 2010, 03:01

I often have a situation where I need to implement a discrete code (i.e. one that is not on the remote) to simplify the user experience. For example I usually need to switch between PC input and AV input which requires selecting source and then scrolling to the appropriate input. If the system misses a step, the user winds up with a blank screen and this often results in my phone ringing. Remote Central publishes a set of discrete codes for a wide range of TVs so that it is possible to code the system to select a specific input and not have to wade through the selection process. For example here is a set of codes for Samsung TVs.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/fi ... 5b8500.zip

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out the way to convert the hex string provided by the team at Remote Central into IRTRANS speak. I'm sure I am not the only one, can anyone assist?
Ghoop

Re: Discrete Codes

Postby IRTrans » Thu 11. Feb 2010, 12:43

Hi,
that is very easy. There are two ways to do that:

1. You can put the Pronto Hex Codes into a .rem file in a special format. Our software distribution includes a sample file "ccf.rem" that shows how to do that.
2. When you are using a newer IRTrans SW version you use the GUI Client to enter these codes. When learning codes there is a button "Learn CCF Code". After pressing this button you can enter the hexcode into the input window that appears. The code is then automatically converted and put into the IRTrans .rem file.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Learning of IR Codes