how do I send a code numerous times

Everything related to learning and capturing of IR Codes

Moderator: marcus

how do I send a code numerous times

Postby IRtransUser1 » Thu 3. May 2012, 04:01

Hello,

I would like to know how to tell the IRTrans to send codes 5-6 times redundant? I am trying to control a set-top box that requires this from the remote.

Thanks,

user1
IRtransUser1

Re: how do I send a code numerous times

Postby IRTrans » Thu 3. May 2012, 13:14

Hi,
please use the setting "Learn long button press" and press the button as long as needed when learning the code.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby IRtransUser1 » Thu 3. May 2012, 14:56

Hello,

thanks for the prompt response. I do not mean to learn a button that is held down a long time like volume. Rather, I mean that the remote sends the code many times for a regular button like the number 1 button. Attached is waveform of remote control pressing #1 button (1_ref.pnf). It is 56k carrier. Also, I attach another file which is a zoom of one of the six redundant patters (on_burst.png). I believe that I need to configure the IRTrans to capture the full codes in 1_ref.png and replay the codes in the same manner.

I tried "learn long button press" and the result failed. The remote is echostar 21.0 IR/UHF (see prior thread on this remote for another issue). I had 1 out of 36 success using 56k receiver and 'learn with timing' mode.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

user1
Attachments
on burst.png
Zoom of 1 of the 6 codes of #1 button
on burst.png (52.83 KiB) Viewed 49275 times
1 ref.png
#1 button
1 ref.png (51.87 KiB) Viewed 49275 times
IRtransUser1

Postby IRTrans » Thu 3. May 2012, 19:57

Hi,
in general the IRTrans should easily learn this code without a special option. The only thing you might need to change is the IR Timeout (in case the pause in the IR Code is longer than 90ms or whatever IR Timeout you have chosen).

If the code is repeated very often you might need to use the "Learn long button press" option - however you will not need to hold the button down in this case.

Anyways, as I have written in the other thread: Your problem is cause by the fact that you try to learn a 56kHz code with a 38kHz receiver hardware. That will never work correctly as the IR Receiver is not able to capture 56kHz correctly.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Learning of IR Codes