Flash Memory consumption in rem-files using CCF

Everything related to learning and capturing of IR Codes

Moderator: marcus

Flash Memory consumption in rem-files using CCF

Postby Barf » Fri 20. Feb 2009, 15:35

Hi,

obviously CCF-Format in remfiles takes up more flash memory (I am talking about the IRDB) than more compressed formats. Is it possible, and would it save flash memory to supress the leading zeros? I.e.

[CCF]0 6d 0 c 5 11d 5 bc ...

instead of
[CCF]0000 006d 0000 000c 0005 011d 0005 00bc ...

(There does not seem to be a forum for rem-file configuration, therefore I misuse the "learning" forum.)
Barf

Re: Flash Memory consumption in rem-files using CCF

Postby IRTrans » Fri 20. Feb 2009, 19:13

In general CCF files should not use more memory than normal IRTrans codes.

Normally the CCF codes are converted into the IRTrans format. Sometimes codes might get converted into RAW codes
or there might be more timings when converting them. - However, there is nothing you can do about it.

Changing the format of the CCF code itself will not change anything as the CCF codes themselves are not stored.
In fact changing the format might even break the conversion alltogether.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Barf » Sat 21. Feb 2009, 06:05

Thank you very much for the interesting answer.

IRTrans wrote:In general CCF files should not use more memory than normal IRTrans codes.

Hmm, sounds quite intelligent. However, some time ago (2007) I flashed a large rem-file consisting of (clean!) CCF-codes (nec-codes), taking up a very large amount of flash memory. When I converted the file to use explicit timings, the memory consumption was drastically reduced. Has this changed recently in the firmware?
Barf

Postby IRTrans » Sat 21. Feb 2009, 11:15

The flash consumption has been optimized a bit, however only the name lenghts.

Maybe the converted IR Codes resulted in a lot of timings whereas with standard codes the timings are common for all codes in a single .rem file.

Using the lastest version of the GUI Client CCF codes are converted when entering them in the learn dialog. That way there will not be multiple timings.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Learning of IR Codes