Everything related to learning and capturing of IR Codes

Moderator: marcus

Re: Problem learning IR codes for Pace TDC460NF cable TV Set-top

Postby dcturbo » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 00:56

Hi

Using GUI Mode-Device Status-IR Receive shows:
RCV1 38Khz (ticked) Active
RCV2 Universal Codelearning Receiver (NOT ticked) Active

I tried changing RCV1 to Universal Codelearning option but the Lan Controller stopped receiving Remote Codes (ie no green flashing LED) So I reverted to the 38Khz option.

I again tried to learn the Foxtel remote using the IRedTouch on the Iphone. THis time I actually managed to complete the learning process without red circles turning yellow or buttons double jumping during the learning. However, same problem persists and testing the learned remote failed!
I have downloaded the 3 files from IRedTouch . The file looks a little cleaner than usual with all remote button presses actually recording codes, although the first button press On-Off shows typical problem previously experienced. I will send to you for your information via email as I seem to be unable to attach XML files here for some reason.

Thanks
dcturbo

Postby IRTrans » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 01:44

Hi,
changing the receiver type will not help here - in fact it will prevent the device from working.

To use the Universal learning receiver either:

- Select it in the GUI Client Learn Dialog when learning the IR Codes
- Change the "Active" settings in GUI Mode-Device Status-IR Receive so that the Universale receiver is active and not the standard one.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby dcturbo » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 05:45

HI

Had problems trying to attach the IRedTouch XML files so I sent them to IRTrans via email.

Using the GUi: Mode-Device Status-IR Receive shos the following:
RCV1 38khz (Ticked) Active
RC2 Univeral Codelearning reeive (NOT Ticked) Active

I tried to set RCV1 to Univeral Codelearning Receiver but teh Lan Controller seemed to stop receiving Remote Codes and the Green LED stopped blinking when buttons were pushed. I ser RCV1 back to original setting. Decided to relearn the Foxtel Remote using IRedTouch. Managed to get through the process completely for the first time, although end result still did not work. The files sent by email are from this learning process. Matbe they can be helpful to IRed as well in helping to resolve my problem

Thanks
dcturbo

Postby tinbert » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 09:39

Here's the iRed folks speaking ;-)

Well, import of REM files is currently limited to iRed 1, and iRedTouch support is limited to iRed2. Until this will be fixed, I have manually imported and converted the Foxtel IQ1 remote. It is now available in the online template repository on iRedTouch.
To import it, please follow the instructions on this iRedTouch manual page. The Foxtel is to be found in the Online section under the tinbert.com bookmark.

If you need a iRed2 remote too, please download it from here.

Good luck,

Robert
Code: Select all
tin:b Software (i) Robert Fischer

__o      .-.
     _`\<,_    /   \ 
\   (*)/ (*)  /     `-------
  \----------'
tinbert

Postby dcturbo » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 13:39

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response. Sorry if im not understanding properly but this stuff is new to me. I downloaded the template exactly as per the manual onto the iPhone using iRedTouch and relearned all the codes on the iPhone. Completed the learn successfully.

Still does not work! The result is exactly the same as previoulsy. I looked at the XML file and whilst I dont fully understand what im looking at the Timing codes in the XML file are quite different in parts to the Timing that works from the GUI. The Foxtel remote is based on a variant of RC6 and RC-MM srandards both of which I believe are pretty standard. I sent via email previously to IRTrans copies of the XML output file and also the .rem file which has the timings and code which work from the GUI.

Hope you can help
PS - what is your email address please. I can send you the copy of the latest Learn process which has not worked (Cant seem to get attachments to work on this board!)

Thanks in anticipation...
dcturbo

Postby IRTrans » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 14:35

Hi,
while I am no iRed expert, I am quite sure that you do not need to relearn the codes - relearning them will overwrite the converted codes.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby tinbert » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 17:06

Thanks, IRTrans. You're right. Templates contain layout AND codes as well. You may also use only the images, but that's a different story.

Cheers,

Robert
Code: Select all
tin:b Software (i) Robert Fischer

__o      .-.
     _`\<,_    /   \ 
\   (*)/ (*)  /     `-------
  \----------'
tinbert

Postby dcturbo » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 21:18

Hi,

My sincerest apology. Ithought that the codes should be imbedded as well but when I downloaded the template from the iPhone I selected the "Download Template" from the Template Background Option and could not understand why it was prompting me to re-learn the codes. I see now that there is another option lower down in the selection menu for Downloading Templates. I will attempt using this option and get back to you.
dcturbo

Postby dcturbo » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 21:28

Well, we almost have a working solution.
I am finally able to control the foxtel box via the downloaded template on the iPhone with embedded commands.
However, each button selection via the iPhone seems to generate the IR code transmission twice. So when I touch the on-off button the device turns on and then immdiately turns off. The Up Select, Down Select etc causes the selection bar on the screen to move two places and so on. The number buttons generate the number twice and so on. The double send seems consistent on all buttons touched on teh iPhone. I note that when I touch a button on the iPhone compared with sending the command from the GUI, that the LAN Controller LED flashes red for slightly longer and the IR Receive LED on the Foxtel Box itself clearly flashes twice for each iPhone button touch, as if I had pressed the actual remote control button twice.

Hopefully there is a simple fix for this

Many Thanks
dcturbo

Postby IRTrans » Mon 16. Feb 2009, 21:35

Hmm, strange. Please check the XML files. There should be a timing line - please change the value behind [RC] to 1.

If that does not help we will need to ask Robert ...

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Learning of IR Codes