XBOX 360 IR Codes

Everything related to learning and capturing of IR Codes

Moderator: marcus

XBOX 360 IR Codes

Postby ccarpenter1 » Sat 18. Oct 2008, 20:31

I can't seem to get the IR codes for the XBOX 360 to work correctly. Irtrans learns the codes fine. I have even tried using CCF codes from my Pronto for the XBOX 360 and it still does not work. The remotes themselves and the pronto work fine. ALL of my other remotes have been learned correctly and work correctly. Has anyone been successful in using IRTrans to control an XBOX 360?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ccarpenter1

Re: XBOX 360 IR Codes

Postby IRTrans » Sat 18. Oct 2008, 21:44

Hi,
that is strange - a few days ago I learned the IR Codes of an Xbox 360 and they all worked fine (RC6 codes).

Is there only one Xbox remote available on the market ?

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby ccarpenter1 » Sat 18. Oct 2008, 21:50

Can you send me the codes and the timings that you got to work and I can try them on my device.

Thanks,
Chuck
ccarpenter1

Postby IRTrans » Sun 19. Oct 2008, 13:06

Hi Chuck,
I only learned one of the iR Codes (Open / Eject).

Attached you find the file with that IR Code.

Please let us know if it works.

IRTrans
Attachments
xbox-360.rem
(153 Bytes) Downloaded 2008 times
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby ccarpenter1 » Sun 19. Oct 2008, 14:33

I tried the file you provided. It did not work either. It was the only file that was used when IRTrans was started, so nothing would interfere with it. I tried several times using the GUI client to send including different LEDs, (internal, external, ALL, etc), and nothing seems to work. If I point the original remote to the XBOX360 (i'm about 8 feet away), it opens and closes the tray with no problem. Interestingly, when I look at "Detected IR Commands", IRTrans seems to see the detected command everytime I use the original remote. I opened the battery compartment on the original remote and noticed that it had a label on it saying RC6 IR. Lastly, everytime I send the command, I see the Red LED on the LAN Controller XL light up for a brief second.

This is a shot in the dark, but the LAN Controller XL has the capability to issue its own commands. How does the IRTrans Server know whether or not the XL Controller will be sending out the command directly via its internal database or the IR sequence will come from the IRTrans server software and transmitted via the LAN Controller XL?

I am really at a loss to figure this problem out.

Thanks,
Chuck
Attachments
IRtrans Detected XBOX.jpg
IRtrans Detected XBOX.jpg (18.22 KiB) Viewed 49762 times
ccarpenter1

Postby IRTrans » Mon 20. Oct 2008, 13:55

Hi,
no idea what the problem might be here - the file with the single code has been tested by a customer of us and it works.

How are you transmitting the IR Codes to the Xbox (Internal / External Transmitters) ?

When you are sending an IR Code via the irserver SW the internal IR Memory of the XL is never used.
Only when a client connects to the device itself and sends a code the code is taken from the internal Flash memory.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby ccarpenter1 » Fri 7. Nov 2008, 00:15

I have tried the Internal LEDs and External LEDs on the back (including ones that work on other IR devices). I have all of my IR devices working fine except for the XBOX 360. I also have tried different types of emitters, but this did not work either. I'm pretty sure that I am doing everything right as 480 of my other IR commands work fine.

From my previous post, when I look at "Detected IR Commands", IRTrans seems to see the detected command everytime I use the original remote. Doesn't this mean that the command had to be learned correctly? It seems there is something going on in the transmission part.

The only other strange thing that I have seen is with one of my emitters. One of my emitters works great on 2 of my devices, but one of them it would not work on. I tried a different manufacturers emitter and it worked fine. So, my analysis there is that a certain type of emitter may work fine on one device and not on another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chuck
ccarpenter1

Postby IRTrans » Fri 7. Nov 2008, 12:43

Hi Chuck,
I really start to run out of ideas. The code has been learned by one of our customers and he using these codes with an Xbox.
Therefore they should be fine.

Sending with your device works, too - otherwise you could not control different equipment.

Did you try to send the IR Codes with the internal transmitters of one of your IRTrans devices ?

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby IRTrans » Sat 8. Nov 2008, 01:00

Hi Chuck,
we have found the problem: It was a firmware bug that was only visible on LAN Controller devices sending the special MS IR Codes ...

You will get a firmwareupdate via Email next week.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby naominge » Wed 20. May 2009, 05:29

Does xbox 360 arcade graphics look the same as the pro and the elite version? Ok i have a standard television and the xbox 360 arcade. My friend has the xbox 360 pro, but when he hooks his pro version up to my tv why does his look better? What do i need to make mine look better?

Next

Return to Learning of IR Codes