Store rem file to IRTrans device flash

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

Store rem file to IRTrans device flash

Postby deepaksujir » Tue 30. Mar 2010, 10:16

Hi,

I would like to store the rem files to the IRTrans Device flash without using the IRTrans Lan application. I need my application to directly talk to the IRTrans device and store the rem files to the flash memory. I had a look into sample IR code provided with the setup, it would be great if you could provide some information on how the IR codes are stored (the format in which it is stored) in the IRTrans device and also I need to know is there any special care need to be taken when you are writing to the IRTrans device's flash.
Also I would like to know what are IRDB files and how are they being used? Any documents or reference will be useful.

Thanks.
deepaksujir

Re: Store rem file to IRTrans device flash

Postby IRTrans » Tue 30. Mar 2010, 15:38

Hi,
storing .rem files without using our applications is not supported. The devices use a complex, highly compressed format to store the IR definitions inside the devices. The irserver needs some thousand lines of C code to implement that.

If you do not want to use the GUI Client you can use the irclient ASCII / batch program to tell the irserver which .rem files to upload.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby deepaksujir » Wed 31. Mar 2010, 12:48

Thanks for the reply.
I understand that it is a very complex code and I appreciate the alternates you have suggested.
Actually I may get into a rare situation where I may have to update remotes on the IRDevice at different location and i was planning to push the rem file from a central place to my program which in turn writes it into the IRTrans device. The problem is I cannot make sure that all the locations will be running the IRTrans LAN server and I do not want to expose the IRTrans device to internet.
Therefore if you could provide any information about storing the rem files to the IRTrans device would be useful.
deepaksujir

Postby IRTrans » Wed 31. Mar 2010, 16:42

Sorry but we do not have any documentation on that. The whole procedure would easily fill 10 or 20 pages ...

You might have a look at the IRServer sourcecode, however you will need lots of code for that. It will not be
enough to store the information itself - first you would need to read and binary encode all the .rem files.

Furthermore, if we change or extend the firmware your programm might no longer work.

Therefore I would not recommend to that.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Software