windows 7 full screen

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

windows 7 full screen

Postby GAMEN » Wed 18. Nov 2009, 17:47

Hi, I have installed windows 7 and have a problem that my remote control not work when the screen is in full mode. I can see in IR detector that when the screen is minimized remote send MCE commands but in full screen remote send figures.
I have the newest driver for windows 7. Hopefully somebody know what I have don wrong.
GAMEN

Re: windows 7 full screen

Postby axelo » Sun 10. Jan 2010, 19:42

I have pretty much the same problem. The MCE is ignoring pretty much most of the commands from the IRtrans when running in full screen mode. To me it even seems like its getting worse over the time. I started noticing the problem in last 1 week actually. The hardware is 100% ok, since every single remote command is correctly received by irtrans and works flawless when MCE is running in windowed mode. The problem starts the second when it's switched to full-screen - about 80% of all commands are ignored so navigation is a real problem. It might be some priority problem. I'm using the latest version of the software (but tasted multiple versions) on S16V case, but as I mentioned - this is strictly a software related problem and only applies to full-screen mode. Any ideas?
axelo

Postby GAMEN » Sat 16. Jan 2010, 13:16

At last, one more with same problem! I have try everything without succsess.
GAMEN

Postby axelo » Sat 16. Jan 2010, 21:42

oh there is definitelly a problem. to me it seems very much like the irtrans client is not getting enough priority to hand of the commands to mce.
axelo

Postby IRTrans » Sun 17. Jan 2010, 02:13

We have not seen that so far.

Of course we have tested the MCE integration with full screen mode and it works without any problems.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby GAMEN » Sun 17. Jan 2010, 09:32

IRTRANS team! do you have any idee waht could be wrong then? MCE commands stops when MCE window gets bigger then half of the screen. Remote sends figurs insted of MCE commands.
GAMEN

Postby axelo » Sun 17. Jan 2010, 09:42

IRTrans wrote:We have not seen that so far.
Of course we have tested the MCE integration with full screen mode and it works without any problems.
IRTrans

Hard to debug then ... that I can understand... anyway it seems like the problem is really in the priority of the irtrans client task - like if somehow mce running fullscreen would deny the client to process the commands. as soon as the client catches one command it stay in "focus" and captures more in a row, but let it idle for a second or two and it won't be able to receive for a while.
axelo

Postby GAMEN » Fri 29. Jan 2010, 15:31

IrTrans team! Dont you have any idée about what´s wrong here?
GAMEN

Postby axelo » Mon 9. Aug 2010, 17:49

Hi all,

today i got pissed off by the fact that the responsiveness in the full screen mode in media center was terrible that i started to investigate and found the root of this cause: the IR receiver is way too sensitive and pick up IR noise generated by the TV. for some reason the blue color of the menu generates higher IR noise than other colors and therefor disrupts the reception of the remote control signals. in my case this IR noise was generated by my Panasonic TH50PZ80 plasma tv.

to test if this is your case as well (and it probably is) simply switch the media center to high contrast white or black color scheme and you will immediately see the difference in the responsiveness of the remote. you can also use the IRtrans's Display Detected commands window to see what is going on. while look at the desktop the window won't be showing any commands received at all as soon as you switch on MCE to full screen and look at the detected commands you will probably see a lot of activity - in my case these were SS, SS01, SS10 etc.

there are several solutions to this problem:
1) disable 100Hz mode on your TV - not really a solution, but this workaround will reduce the IR noise by 50%
2) reduce the sensitivity of the IR receiver
3) get a different TV :-)

obviously only option 2 makes sense, therefor you need to find a material that would block IR noise but still let the IR commands of your remote to come thru...
i chose a floppy disk - simply break it into pieces to get to the rotating disc inside, use scissors to cut out a piece that will cover the sensor and tape it over the sensor using a transparent tape - preferably inside the case, not on the outside (as that would not be very aesthetical).

voila! the IR noise is blocked and the remote works as a charm :D
i hope it will make you as happy as it made me... now i can finally control my MCE again.
axelo

Postby IRTrans » Mon 9. Aug 2010, 18:34

Hi,
that is caused by the IR receiver that OrigenAE is using in there modules ...

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Software