IRTrans across network

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

IRTrans across network

Postby ocgltd » Sun 11. Oct 2009, 16:48

I have a USB connected IRTrans connected to a linux box, runs great. I also have a Windows box on which I would like to trigger events (run scripts) when IR commands are received. So my question is:

1. Can IRTrans running on my linux box server other computers across the network?
2. If so, do I also need to run IRTrans on the other networked PC's (Windows).
3. And, will I need something like Girder on the Windows PC to run a script or is some freeware method available?
4. Did IRTrans ship with a copy of Girder? (I'm trying to avoid buying more software)

Thanks,
Mike
ocgltd

Re: IRTrans across network

Postby IRTrans » Sun 11. Oct 2009, 17:25

Hi,
regarding your questions:

1. The irserver uses a client/server structure for the connection between client and server (via TCP port 21000).
That allows clients to access the irserver and IRTrans device via the network.

2. You need to run an IRTrans client on the remote machine (including Girder with the IRTrans plugin).

3. To run scripts you will need a tool like Girder or HIP (freeware: http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/).

4. Girder was included with IRTrans device a long time ago (as long as Girder was shareware). We were no longer able to do this when Girder became full commercial product.
We cannot supply any Girder versions anymore - not even the old ones.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby ocgltd » Sun 11. Oct 2009, 21:18

I actually own girder 3.3 (I haven't used in years) so I reinstalled it....but I don't see a plugin called IRTrans. What is the plugin called?
(Or can you send me just your plugin for that version?) I assume you have rights to just your plugin...
ocgltd

Postby IRTrans » Sun 11. Oct 2009, 21:29

Hmm, the Girder 3 plugin should still be part of the IRTrans SW distribution.

Please install the SW with "APIs" selected and have a look in the IRTrans folder.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby ocgltd » Sun 11. Oct 2009, 22:02

I have girder seperately (not installed with my IRtrans). Can you just send me the IRtrans plugin alone?
ocgltd

Postby IRTrans » Mon 12. Oct 2009, 01:44

Attached you find the plugin.

Please note that it is VERY old and no longer supported. It is more than 5 years old and we will not be able to answer any questions regarding this plugin.

IRTrans
Attachments
irtrans.zip
(28.11 KiB) Downloaded 2441 times
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby mchollet » Thu 3. Dec 2009, 10:12

Hi Mike,

you might want to consider this solution, check out my new post:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=501

I use an Ipodtouch to control my gear - almost any webbrowser will do (opera excluded :-(( ) my linux box runs irserver, http server, perl and (unrelated but cool) - MPD music server.

- Michael
mchollet

Return to Software