Remote stopped working

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

Remote stopped working

Postby jayk » Mon 22. Jun 2009, 03:53

I have vista mce and am using the latest version of IRTrans with v2.02.04 of the USB drivers. Everything was working well until last evening. All of the sudden, the remote just stopped working. I had 2 remotes configured to run my media center, now neither of them are being recieved by IRTrans. There were no software changes made to the computer that I am aware of as the remote was working at 8pm, but then at 9pm it had stopped responding. So, I re-booted and still it was not working. So, I open the Detected IR commands window and tried both remotes with nothing being recieved.

Please help.
jayk

Re: Remote stopped working

Postby IRTrans » Mon 22. Jun 2009, 11:00

Hi,
either a hardware defect (which hardware are you using ?) or IR receiving was disabled in the device settings.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Re: Remote stopped working

Postby jayk » Mon 22. Jun 2009, 15:22

I have a Zalman HDPC computer case which came with a VFD device. I know that people have had lots of problems with these devices as have I in the past. However I have had no problems on vista with the current drivers until now. So, to test this out I also have an external IR receiver that connects via USB. It's the one that comes with Microsoft's MCE remote control. I plugged that in last night and turned off IRTrans. The remote worked then about an hour later, it stopped working again. So, I unplugged the USB receiver and plugged it back in and the remote worked again. I realize at this point that this behavior is not due to the IRTrans software, but does anyone have any idea at all what could be causing it?

Thanks.
jayk

Return to Software