Error sending commands

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

Re: Error sending commands

Postby IRTrans » Thu 10. Jul 2008, 10:58

Hi,
I would change the code a bit so that the command lists are not downloaded each time you connect.
When you connect (in the beginning) the lists are downloaded and later on you just close and reopen
the connection.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby mhogan » Mon 21. Jul 2008, 06:25

I've confirmed that the error condition occors after a series of mutiple commands are issued from the standard remote.

As I mentioned . the remote is a BELL Sat is IR/UHF remote.
mhogan

Postby IRTrans » Mon 21. Jul 2008, 19:03

Hmm, no idea what might cause that. - We did not hear about a similar problem so far.

What exact Hardware and Firmware version do you use ?

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby mhogan » Tue 22. Jul 2008, 05:35

Sorry I missed yor 2nd last post... i only download the command list at the initial startup of the the devices (when the app starts). Right now im just monitoring for errors. (i will examine reopenimng the device when an error is detected at a later time. for now I would like to find out whats causing the error.

All 4 of my devices are firmware at E5.05.09 (the problem only happens when any of the devices are the one room). Ive recently repalaced the cable.. same issue.

I going to try running the app on older XP machine for the next couple days. i will let you know how it goes.

I'm using a failrly complex process (as you may see from my code sample). Its quite possible that I'm doing somthng to crash the device. I am starting the devices from a thread that launches the separate threads for each device. I still cannot get the revieiver to work exept for the last device to initailze ...I've tried to dummy down the process, the bahavoir seems to be the same... just the one device , thats in the one room..... is it possible that the DB is causing issues?
mhogan

Postby mhogan » Sun 27. Jul 2008, 18:07

After testing with a different host rinning XP. I still get the situtation where the device becomes unavailable after its been in operation for a while. (1 to 2 days , dseems to depend on how much I use the Sat remote)
mhogan

Postby IRTrans » Mon 28. Jul 2008, 12:05

Even though I have no idea what might cause the problem I would suggest we update the firmware of your devices.

Please send us an Email to support@irtrans.com so that we can discuss the details.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby mhogan » Tue 5. Aug 2008, 00:07

Thanks Marcus,

The firmware has resolved the issue.. Everyhing works fine now
mhogan

Previous

Return to Software