IRTrans and Powerdvd

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

IRTrans and Powerdvd

Postby melmac » Tue 6. Jan 2009, 03:31

Hello

I have an Origenae X15e case using the inbuilt reciever my microsoft remote controls Vista media centre perfectly however it will not control Powerdvd properly the arrow keys and OK button work but stop play Fwd etc will not
Can anyone tell me how to get it working better ? I have searched and found a post referencing powerdvd in the dutch part of these forums but as it isn't in English I can't understand it of course I'm not sure if it gives me the answer I need anyhow.

Any help appreciated
Thanks in advance
Mel
melmac

Re: IRTrans and Powerdvd

Postby verilogger » Tue 15. Sep 2009, 03:36

I am having a similar issue with my origenAE S14 HTPC.

As far as the up/left/down/right/enter keys working is concerned, these keys are part of the "*" APP configuration in apps.cfg file in IRTrans\remotes directory. I have the following addtional PowerDVD setup in apps.cfg file.

The issue I have is that I can control powerdvd when I remote desktop to HTPC, however, when the HTPC is operating normally (i.e. playing over on TV without remote), the following additional setup does not work only the arrow keys and enter.

[APP]CyberLink PowerDVD
[ACTIVE]
[TYPE]KEY
[APPNAME]%Programs%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe
[CLASSNAME]ATL:0050D4B0
[REMOTE]RC197
[COMMANDS]
BACK [KEY]\ESC
PLAY [KEY]\ENTER
PAUSE [KEY]\SPACE
STOP [KEY]\CTRLX[KEY]S
DVDMENU [KEY]J
EHOME [KEY]\CTRLP
NEXT [KEY]N
PREV [KEY]P
REW [KEY]B
FWD [KEY]F
MUTE [KEY]Q
INFO [KEY]D
STAR [KEY]H
HASH [KEY]U
[END-COMMANDS]
[END-APP]
verilogger

Postby melmac » Tue 15. Sep 2009, 03:57

I ended up dumping powerdvd and changing to Total Media Theartre where I experienced the same problem but then like you I discovered the apps.cfg file, I edidted that and now TMT works I did not bother trying to get powerdvd working as I was not using it anymore. I assume that you have rebooted after modifying the apps file ? as it seems that via remote desktop it is using your new apps.cfg but locally it is still using the old apps.cfg

I did have some issue getting TMT to work initially as I had the wrong Appname/classname however I don't think thats the problem for you becasue it's working remotely ?

Good luck

Mel
melmac

Postby truongnguyen » Fri 25. Dec 2009, 09:20

I am having a similar issue with my origenAE S14 HTPC.
--------------------------------------------
quang cao online | quang cao
truongnguyen

Return to Software