IRTrans software installation on 64 bit Windows 7

Here you can ask all driver / installation questions

Moderator: marcus

IRTrans software installation on 64 bit Windows 7

Postby rliepins » Tue 2. Feb 2010, 04:29

Hello

I have a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit (Ultimate version). It is a brand new install.

I have downloaded the latest IRTrans software install, but it fails during the check for Microsoft Visual C++ 8.0 Redistributable SP1 (x64) and (i386). It fails to download and install properly.

It works fine for Windows 7 32 bit. I have found reference to this problem in an older post, but it mentioned it was solved in a later version.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there some patch or other software to install before this will succeed? I attempted to manually install C++ but that did not work.

As a side note, I did try this on an older system without any hardware that was Windows 7 64 bit. It has been around the block so to speak, so it already had a 32 bit version of C++ installed from another application. The IRTrans software installed just fine on that.

So I am assuming I am missing some important pieces of software or patches.

Thanks in advance for any help.
rliepins

Re: IRTrans software installation on 64 bit Windows 7

Postby robcarter » Mon 15. Mar 2010, 16:41

Hi

I have exactly the same problem, when I try to install irtrans, i get a message saying that visual c++ redistributable 2008 SP1 x64 and x86 are not installed, I click ok to install and I get an error telling me to use windows update.
Windows update does not detect visual c++ and so cannot update it.
I have tried manually installing the microsoft software but the installer still fails, it appears there is a serious bug in the installer?

rob carter
robcarter

Postby mherboltzheimer » Sat 24. Apr 2010, 01:29

I'm having a similar problem where it says it is "UNABLE TO LOAD PLUGINS" when it gets to the runtime installation part. Is there some debris
somewhere that has to be removed?
mherboltzheimer

Postby scottlindner » Fri 28. May 2010, 23:43

robcarter wrote:Hi

I have exactly the same problem, when I try to install irtrans, i get a message saying that visual c++ redistributable 2008 SP1 x64 and x86 are not installed, I click ok to install and I get an error telling me to use windows update.
Windows update does not detect visual c++ and so cannot update it.
I have tried manually installing the microsoft software but the installer still fails, it appears there is a serious bug in the installer?

rob carter

It's been a while since you posted. Did you get this working?
scottlindner

Postby RandyVanF » Sun 11. Jul 2010, 16:50

I am also having the problem with the Visual C++. I already have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I am stuck and cannot move forward. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to fool the installer so that it thinks it is already installed?

Thanks
Randy
RandyVanF

Postby wupperi » Wed 28. Jul 2010, 07:02

Same here but on Server 2008R2 german. Using the latest installer from website. Maybe IRtrans can re-visit?
wupperi

Postby dropshadow » Fri 8. Oct 2010, 19:24

install 2005 and 2008 packages. both x86 and x64. that will get you through the installation...
dropshadow

Return to Drivers / Installation